Anger Management for Educators/Teachers
Educators/ Teachers are seen to be the "gatekeepers for tomorrow". There is incredible pressure to perform well despite many with challenges within the system and with learners and even their parents. Often you feel helpless, disrespected, let down and not appreciated. Teachers, whose nerves are on the edge, usually act inappropriately and land up shouting and screaming and often have thoughts of leaving their profession.
As an educator:
- Are you frustrated, annoyed, irritated, temperamental, angry, aggressive, and hostile, stressed, bottling up emotions, disillusioned, depressed or have low self-esteem?
- Do you get drawn in emotionally and take things personally when the learners "backchat"?
- Do you shout in the classroom?
- Do you feel that you cannot reason with the learners?
The Anger and Stress Management Centre can help you with a programme to address these issues and offer a great number of benefits for all. Managing anger is about being able to express it in a controlled, positive and appropriate way and being able to calm down in order to make the right choices. It is important to remain professional at all times. Make your anger work for you without the emotional impact on you and the students.
Our programme will assist you in dealing with classroom conflict, staff conflict, playground conflict and dealing with angry and aggressive students, staff and parents.
The anger management programme for those in education includes topics such as:
- How to recognise the emotional cycle and how to exit it
- How to manage your pressure cooker
- How to stay calm in the moment and not react unprofessionally
- How to be more assertive and less intimidating
- How stress can influence our anger and emotions
- How to deal with expectations
- How to prevent problems escalating
Contact one of our Centres today for a quotation.