Managing Emotions in the Workplace
Employees are all human beings and as such will have an array of emotions throughout each day. Some of these emotions may be positive and some may be negative. These feelings need to be managed correctly to ensure their behaviours align accordingly and are appropriate in the workplace when dealing with others and understanding others.
As individuals our success and the success of the profession today depend on our emotional intelligence (EQ), the ability to read other people's signals and react appropriately to them. Not everyone has developed the mature emotional intelligence skills required to better understand, empathize and negotiate with other people and therefor need to be taught awareness and tools on how to completely manage their emotions.
Typical negative emotions experienced in the workplace include:
Irritability, Frustration, Anxiety, Disappointment, Upset, Fear or Anger
The Anger and Stress Management Centre offers a GROUP WORKSHOP on "Managing Emotions in the Workplace".
Outcomes of learning to manage emotions in the workplace - Employees are:
- educated to understand, recognise and be aware of their emotional state and the behaviours they are displaying as a consequence of their emotions,
- taught a number of practical tools to manage their emotions to stay in control and prevent their emotions to control them,
- shown how to communicate assertively and raise their emotional intelligence, and
- empowered to prevent situations and problems that might arise from their behaviour.
This workshop is highly recommended on all staff levels, from Directors to Managers and those dealing with the public or customers.
Benefits of attending "Managing Emotions in the Workplace" workshop.
Each delegate will:
- have skills and practical tools to manage anger and other emotions in the workplace
- know how to manage their stress
- be more productive at work
- improve their communication skills
- be able to raise their emotional intelligence
- have learned how to resolve conflict
- be healthier and happier
Contact your nearest Centre today with your requirements and benefit from employees that knows how to manage their emotions and behaviour in the workplace. State your number of delegates, the duration of the workshop, your budget and other needs.